Sunday, November 29, 2009

Activity!!!

Skiing with me!


Yesterday my family and I went to Boreal to ski. I was taking a beginner package and had to go to a lesson. On the lesson the teacher told us that you are supposed to ski without your ski poles. And we got to take the lift up the mountain.
The teacher told us to stretch your arms forward so you do not fall. He also told us to make a pizza form with your skis to stop. The teacher was very nice and helped us a lot. After showing us how to stop and how to stay balanced, he told us how to turn by making a nail shaped form with your skis and how to increase your speed by turning your ski into a straight-forward position.
After letting us down hill twice, he told us to increase in speed. Another boy and I slid down the mountain without out falling, while the other girls were rolling down the hills in snow balls!Then, at the end of the lesson, the teacher gave us some thank you cards and some coupons the next time we come. I had a lot of fun!
So, after reading, you might wonder : What is this passage about? Well, I will answer that question by telling you this: This passage is part journal, part lesson. The lesson I have taught you is how to ski. Well, happy skiing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. Ski poles can make a difference - Read more at http://www.sightseeingreview.com/lightestskipoles.php

    ReplyDelete